In this article, we will be discussing a common issue that many standing desk users face: the ASR Error (Anti-Collapse Stability Range). This error can be frustrating and disruptive, but the good news is that it can be fixed in under 2 minutes with the right knowledge and instructions.
First, we will explore what exactly ASR is and why it occurs, so that you can avoid it in the future. Then, we will provide you with a quick and easy solution to fix the error. Lastly, we will include detailed resetting instructions for various standing desk brands. Whether you’re a seasoned standing desk user or new to the game, this article will provide you with the information you need to prevent and solve the ASR Error.
What ASR Means on Standing Desk
ASR stands for Anti-Collapse Stability Range. When the controller unit cannot read the desk’s height correctly, this error message appears. Resetting the desk can solve the problem. Here’s how to fix the ASR error on standing desks:
- Turn off the desk for 10 seconds
- Turn it back on
- Wait for the desk to fully rise and lower
If the ASR error persists, consult the desk’s manual or contact customer support.
Fix Standing Desk ASR Error
Causes of ASR Error on Electric Standing Desk
An ASR error on a sit-stand desk is displayed when the controller is unable to detect its position relative to the minimum position, and it can be caused by several reasons:
Power Loss: If the electricity is suddenly disconnected even for a second, it can cause the controller unit to lose its current position and display the ASR Error. Power loss can be caused by electricity outage, loose cables, or cable pull out by accident.
Control Box at Rest: In most standing desks, the controller unit will go into REST MODE if not used for several minutes or hours. Although this function benefits both the controller’s longevity and saving energy, it can sometimes cause problems such as the ASR Error.
Overloading the Desk: Each standing desk model has a specific weight limit that’s tested and measured by the manufacturer. If you put more stuff on the desk than it can handle, it might interfere with the controller unit and force it to show an ASR error.
Legs Failure: Standing desks usually have a dual motor system, and each motor is responsible for its own leg. Sometimes the system may malfunction and move the legs unevenly, which can interfere with the controller and lead to the ASR error. It can also be caused by wobbly desk legs.
Steps to Fix ASR Error on Height Adjustable Desk
The main solution to the ASR error on a standing desk is simply resetting the desk. Here are the steps to follow:
Remove All Items Below the Desk: Look below your desk and remove any object that may stop the desk from going down.
Press and Hold Down the Arrow Button: Press and hold the down arrow button until the desk reaches its minimum level then release it. If the arrow button does not respond, unplug the power cable and hold the down arrow button for 10 seconds to discharge any stored electricity left in the unit. Plug the desk back in and try lowering the desk.
Press and Hold Again to Reset: Make sure the desk is set to its lowest height, and now press and hold the down arrow button again for a few seconds until the display panel shows RESET. In some models, you need to push and hold the “▼” again for the third time until the desk moves slightly, and then it resets!
Confirm Desk Reset: After resetting the desk, your desk’s LED display will show the numbers again and the ASR message is gone.
You can also find the exact resetting process for different desk brands in the next section.
Quick Reset Instruction for Standing Desk ASR Error
Uplift Electric Standing Desk ASR Error
To reset the Uplift standing desk, follow these quick steps:
- Press and hold down the down button until the desk reaches its lowest height.
- Press and hold down the down button again for 30 seconds or until the LED display changes. If the keypad has a display, it will show “ASR” when ready to reset. Paddle keypads will display “RESET.”
- Hold down the down button again until the desk lowers slightly, rises, and stops. If the desk doesn’t move, try this step again.
- Try operating the desk. If the desk is working properly, you’re done!
If the above process doesn’t work for your Uplift desk, you can contact Uplift customer support at 844-257-5400.
MojoDesk Electric Standing Desk ASR Error
To reset the Mojo standing desk, follow these quick steps:
- Press and hold down the “▼” button until the desk reaches its lowest level and stops.
- Continue to hold the “▼” button down when it reaches the bottom for about 5 seconds to complete the reset process.
- If the “▼” button doesn’t respond, check cable connections and then unplug power for at least 10 seconds. Reconnect power and press the “▼” button to start the reset process described above when the LED display shows “ASR” or “RES.”
If the above process doesn’t work for your Mojo desk, you can contact Mojo customer support at 800-297-6556.
Jarvis Electric Standing Desk ASR Error
To reset the Jarvis standing desk, follow these quick steps:
- Press and hold down the down arrow button until the Jarvis desk reaches its lowest position and then release.
- Now, press and hold down the down arrow button until the display shows RESET (this can take up to 30 seconds).
- Now, press and hold down the down arrow again, this time until the Jarvis first lowers slightly, then rises slightly, and finally stops.
If the above process doesn’t work for your Jarvis desk, you can contact Jarvis customer support at 0800-069-8262.
Flexispot Electric Standing Desk ASR Error
To reset the Flexispot standing desk, follow these quick steps:
- Press and hold down the “▼” button until the desk reaches its lowest height.
- Wait until it rebounds to the lowest height (shown on display), which signals that the reset process is complete.
If the above process doesn’t work for your Flexispot desk, you can contact Flexispot customer support at (855) 585-5618.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Reset a Standing Desk?
If your standing desk is not working as expected, you may need to reset it. The process for resetting a standing desk varies depending on the brand. However, in general, you can reset a standing desk by pressing and holding the DOWN arrow button until the desk reaches its lowest level. Then, press and hold the DOWN arrow button again for a few seconds until the desk resets.
Why is my Standing Desk Stuck?
A standing desk can get stuck in an up or low position due to several reasons. Some of the common reasons include overloading the desk, uneven legs, control box in rest mode, or an object in the way of desk travel. Ensure that you check for these issues before contacting customer service or attempting to reset the desk remotely.
Resetting the standing desk is an easy fix for ASR messages. To reset the desk, press and hold the “▼” button until the desk stops at its lowest height. Then, press and hold the “▼” button again for a few seconds until the desk displays “RESET”. In most models, the desk is already reset when it shows “RESER”. However, in some models, you need to push and hold the “▼” again for the third time until the desk moves slightly, and then it is reset. By following these simple steps, you can easily fix the ASR error on your standing desk. If you found this article helpful, check out our other articles on topics such as preventing sweat marks on chairs, making a desk taller, and setting up a small desk with dual monitors.